Resume Writing Guide
It's a PDF packed with actionable tips, examples, helpful and easy ways to improve your resume, full of insider info that most job seekers do not know. Little tricks you can implement that can significantly increase your chances of landing the job.
It has helped our customers land jobs, and can help you too. If you're willing to put in some effort, of course! You'll feel that giant wave of relief knowing you took the time to finally update your resume - finally take that step towards that job you really want.
We guarantee you'll have more confidence, because you'll know exactly how to get what you want. A better job, a promotion, a happier work environment (which translates to a happier life). This guide is included as a FREE BONUS with every resume template purchase, so if you already purchased a template, you already have it. =)
As every Applicant Tracking System (ATS) works slightly different, we always test our ATS-friendly templates with several methods to make sure they are fully optimized for ATS.
- Firstly, we use resume-optimization software based on the most common behaviors found across various ATS. They tested their solution with some of the most commonly used ATS, such as Taleo, Workday, Xeneka Factors (IBM) and iCIMS, so we use their information as our guideline. (Our resumes were even featured on their site!)
- Additionally, we always triple-check templates by transforming them into plain-text. This allows us to see if there is any part of the template that might be skipped by some less sophisticated ATS.
All our templates promoted as 'ATS-friendly', 'ATS-optimized' or 'ATS-compliant' have passed all three tests and proven to be fully optimized for Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
Even though some of our ATS-optimized templates have simple graphic elements, as lines or background shapes, the content will be read by ATS. ATS will not ‘see' graphics, but they will be able to normally read content, scan the keywords and compare it with the job you apply for, so you can be sure that your resume can get past the first filter.
- Click on ‘Instant Download’ button on the template of your choice.
- Download your file from the email you will receive after your payment is processed.
- Double-click the ResumeTemplate.zip file in order to unpack (‘unzip’) it. Save it on a location you will easily find. It will extract into files numbered 1-3 following 3-step process for creating your own resume.
- Open Mac Pages or Microsoft Word 2007 (or newer).
- Type your resume text over our text. Follow the instructions in our guide (document named 1_Guide) if you have questions or need technical support.
- When your resume is complete, save it in .pdf format.
To edit templates, you need:
- a personal computer with Mac Pages or Microsoft Word 2007 (or newer)
- an "unzipping" software such as WinZip (most computers have it inbuilt)
- a PDF reader (most computers have it inbuilt)
The templates are not compatible with GoogleDocs, OpenOffice, or any other program.
In addition to having Mac Pages or Microsoft Word, it would be great if you have at least a basic working knowledge of Mac Pages and/or Microsoft Word to easily use and edit these templates. However, even if you are not a Mac Pages/MS Word master, we believe our guide can help you along the way.
All designs © Resume Template Shop. All rights reserved.
This package, or parts thereof, may not be reproduced in any form without permission. All designs, templates, and content are for personal use only and are not to be sold, shared, distributed, duplicated, edited, or used, in whole or part, in any commercial or promotional purpose.
Purchasing files does not transfer any copyrights.